Thursday, September 18, 2014

11th and 12th Month of Life!

Grace is now over a year old and as I reflect on how much joy she has brought into our lives, I am beyond thankful.  Seriously, I had no idea how beautifully easy it would be to love your own child, to want the best for them always and to see all the hard stuff you face as worth it because they're yours and you wouldn't have it any other way. 

Parenthood has given me a fuller picture of God's love for me as His own child, and a greater understanding of the sacrifice He made for me.  I am immensely humbled as I ponder the truth that the love I have for Grace is only a glimpse of God's great and perfect love for His children, and that continues to motivate my heart in wanting Grace to know Him as her heavenly Father as her dad and I do.  I hope and pray that her namesake would be true of her life: that Grace would experience the fullness of the unmerited grace of God and be adopted into His family for now and for eternity. 

As always, here are some of my favorite pictures from Grace's last 2 months.  I am so behind on this blog so I didn't take the time to edit the pictures at all.  Maybe I'll get around to it, but don't get your hopes up! ;) It was a busy and exciting time for us, having my parents come visit as well as Andy's dad.  Grace absolutely loved getting to have family here and wasn't ready for them to leave!  :)

11 MONTHS:

My parents came to visit for the first time!  This is them wining and dining us at a nice restaurant that overlooks the city.

Grace absolutely loves to swing- she could do it all day every day

Just thought she looked so pretty in this one

Some light reading as we took a bus tour of Waiheke Island with my parents.

Waiheke Island

Grace had so much fun playing with her grandparents!

Family Selfie

My baby and me on Mother's Day.  So thankful to be her mum!

Posing with all her stuffed animals- how can one kid have so many!

Bath Time!

12 MONTHS:
Taking photos at Cornwall Park, a regular event for Grace

Always so happy when Daddy comes home!

She started looking like such a big girl this month

Grace and me

Waiting at the airport for Andy's dad to arrive in NZ!

Papa brought Grace a walker and she didn't need any help figuring it out.  In fact, Grace took her first steps on her own later that month and now at 14 months is a full on walker!

Andy, Gary and Grace

We took Gary to see beautiful Piha Beach.  Grace was just along for the ride ;)

Michelle came too, an American student who was doing an exchange in NZ.  We miss her!

Papa and Grace... love!

Coming soon (I hope!): Grace's first birthday party and other celebrations!

1 comment:

  1. Each picture is pure joy. She is such an adorable little girl.

    ReplyDelete