Sunday, April 28, 2013

28 Weeks and Feeling Blessed!


Wow, 28 Weeks.  We are getting really close to the special day that we get to meet our little one!  Things feel a bit different for me since I entered the 3rd trimester.  I still feel pretty good most days and am not too uncomfortable (I was able to go on a 4 mile hike through the lovely Karangahake Gorge with new friends).  Also I am still sleeping great!  However, I have noticed a need for a nap more often as well as a bit more discomfort as I try to maneuver my body around.  I have also had a few days of mild back pain- not fun!  But overall I don't have much to complain about!

It is so fun to watch our baby move around in my belly!  We can literally see my belly jump when baby kicks, and we can feel hiccups and the baby rolling around here and there.  I have also had more of what I assume to be Braxton Hicks, especially after I have had a long walk.  I recently learned that these are really good as they are strengthening and toning my body for labor!  It is a blessing to be able to feel our baby move and to feel my body changing as it prepares for him or her to be born!

When we first moved to New Zealand a little over 3 months ago, our Navigator city supervisor sent out an email to the community of people that he knows asking if any one had extra "stuff" they didn't need to help us set up our new home. One woman in particular was really interested in helping us with baby items.  This woman has a child-care business, loves babies, and has the resources and know how to bless a young couple like us! 

Just a few weeks ago this woman took me shopping (I won't mention her name because she wouldn't want me to), and what a shopping trip it was!  I was humbled and so blessed by her as she proceeded to pick out lovely things for our new baby- it was like she was throwing me her own little baby shower!  I stood in the store jaw dropped as she insisted on buying different items she felt our new baby would need, one of these items being an electronic swing which Andy and I were really wanting! After this amazing and generous shopping trip, I thanked her a lot though I felt I didn't have the appropriate words to express my gratitude.  She told me that she felt God told her "this is your girl" and put me on her heart to bless as we prepare for a new baby without family nearby in this new culture.  I never could have imagined that God would provide for us so many wonderful things in this way through a woman who barely knows us.  To Him be the glory through this special provision!  

Below are a few more pics!

Andy and I hiking (aka tramping) in the Karangahake Gorge.  
Tramping through one of the many tunnels.
New Zealand's famous Silver Fern which looks silver on the bottom side of it.
Beautiful bassinet that my generous friend gave us! 
Adorable New Zealand merino sleep sacks from my unexpected shopping trip- I love these and can't wait to see our little baby in them!





No comments:

Post a Comment