Friday, February 22, 2013

18 Weeks!

18 Weeks!
Last week was Week 18 in my pregnancy.  I am feeling good, but I still get these nagging headaches.  My midwife said they should go away at around 24 weeks- I hope it is sooner than that!  We had our first meeting with our midwife and we like her- she seems to know her stuff!  I hope she and I develop a good relationship after all the time that we spend together.

I am really thankful because it seems I have a made a few new friends here who are young mums (that's what you call a mom here).  I have enjoyed a few morning teas with them, coffee and shopping,  and a Jane Austen movie night.  It has been really nice to have some young woman to talk to about pregnancy, child birth, and life with a new baby!  I'm praying God provides deep, long lasting friendships here during this time of life!

Making new friends definitely makes me miss my friends from my small group at Grand Avenue.  These woman are a blessing in my life and I miss them so much.  I am so thankful for all the Panera coffee dates, craft nights, babies multiplying, deep conversations, laughter, shopping trips, prayer, encouragement, getting dinner ready for our men, babysitting, and really all the time we spent together.  Though no one could replace this group of friends, I hope I find friends like these here in NZ!

Sam, me, Emily, Kim and Becca - amazing friends!

Kim, Becca, Emily, me, Tamra and Sam at the beautiful baby shower they threw for me before I left. Couldn't ask for a more thoughtful and special group of friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment